Welcome to Windhorse Ways

"Every thing or living being that exists in this world; be it trees, flowers, birds, grasses, rocks, soil of the earth, or human beings; has its unique manner of existence - its essence, its spirit that makes it what it is. That is what is meant by connectedness."

--Larry P. Aitken, CHIPPEWA--

All Love to You...All Days, All Ways.
Reverend Irene Windhorse

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Winter Medicine


Winter. It finds me hibernating. Or, more realistically, Winter doesn't care; but it affects me with a hunkered down, grateful for a warm home feeling. Old Man Winter just does his thing...and I am left wondering if I'm just lazy. All the "should be's and would be's" haunt me. Family waits to see me. Friends invite me to this and that and I'm a no-show. In the end, here I am...in the house, on the computer.

But wait! My computer is my Window to the World! And on days like today, when the feeling is so strong and the knowing so poignant that I am missing real time contact with others, Smilin' Wolf (my computer) delivers friends all the philosophy, new connections, and reconnections right to my Window On The World. Today, (again) I realize that it is what it is...if I am to be at home on my computer, composing a blog, webpage, wedding ceremony, new meditation, tidying the house, on the phone, etc...it is all leading to some greater Understanding in me, AND soon, a good day out and manifesting more Knowing that All is as it "should be." Today was so magical, with the many talents and gifts so many people share...with computer as a tool, I've discovered how much love there is in the hearts of Humanity. I avoid the news on TV and Radio...good ole "Smilin' Wolf" allows me choice of what I watch and what I read. (for the most part).

Winter and "Smilin' Wolf" are good 'medicine.' Winter is a sort of mentor that causes me to review my purpose and actions; gives me time to hibernate, regroup and discover much about myself and the world at large. Winter can be a source of cultivating Patience.

What I'm trying to say boils down to simplicity...Basic Goodness!! The Art of Being Satisfied with where I'm "at"...non-judgmental; allowing my own pace as I would for anyone else...and knowing that the more I trust my life, my purpose and the Great Creator's Plan for me...the better chance there is for my successful "hearing" of my Purpose, all the more clear my mind and heart for discerning my Soul's Work.

This is my first post on my first blog. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is a Gift of Learning. I welcome your respectful comments and additions.